Hi, Methuen. Problem with selecting changed records and doing a transfer is twofold :
1) What if both users have made a change to the same Address Book entry, maybe to the same field, maybe to different ones? Or entered Notes to the same Address Book entry?
2) In any case, you have to delete the original Address Book entries or you wind up with duplication
This is the age-old issue of record locking.
The only solutions I can think of are MaxExchange or a Terminal Services environment. Depending on your work needs you could try an experiment with a VPN connection over the internet :
1) Install Max on the remote user's machine and on your local machine
2) Leave the shared data on your local machine (or on the remote machine, your call - but only in one spot)
2) Create a VPN connection on the remote user's machine so they see your local drive with the shared Max data on it as a network drive
3) Have the remote user create a new Address Book and point the data folder to the shared Max data on their VPN network drive
The main issue here is speed of connection - we tried this about 4 years ago between Toronto and Vancouver and it was too slow to be workable. Cheap and simple, though, and bandwidth is better now. The other issue of course is administration - you have two separate installs of Max to maintain. May be ok with only two users.
Hope this helps - R.